ate a bomb fucking taco today.
ate a bomb fucking taco today.
I’d like to dedicate a very special fuck you to white chefs and food bloggers who steal recipes from a culture that isn’t theirs and then water them down until they’re bland as fuck, omit ingredients they find too spicy or “exotic”, and mix in ingredients that don’t make sense only to call it their “latin/african/asian/middle-eastern-style-fusion-whatever-the-fuck” and then gain popularity or profits from it for being “inventive/ adventurous”
akiralios said: When you get this, please say 5 nice things about yourself publicly, then send it to your top 10 favorite followers! :)
My hair rules. I’m starting to go gray at my temples and I feel like Rogue and it is sweet.
I am a Real Adult now, and I think that’s really impressive cause it’s hard as balls.
I make tasty things for the people I love.
My dog is amazing because she is a majestic creature and literally The Best but also because I spent days and weeks and months teaching her to be gentle and to do nothing for free ‘cause mama didn’t raise a pendeja.
Spanish doesn’t trigger me anymore and after ~9 months of speaking it everyday for hours, I’d say I’m almost back up to pre-Iowa proficiency.
First day of work. I like it.
Some asshole literally spit on me on the way home.
Anonymous said: hi, i'm sorry if this has been asked but in your powerpoint you said that the tumblr sj community is guilty of antisemitism. what kind of things has it done? also, i love your blog!
I’ll take this one since I’m the blog’s resident Jew. Oy vey, where do I start…
- SJ community loves to police Jewish identity and silence actual Jews when they talk about their own identities. This usually happens in context of either “Are Jews White?” or “Jewishness is just a religion” conversations. In reality, Jews are an ethnoreligious group that ethnically originated in the middle east, and while some ethnic Jews have light skin, it’s actually due to centuries of forced assimilation in European and Slavic countries through rape, which is a big reason why Jewishness is matrilineal. Furthermore, there exist Jews who do not look white at all. There are black, brown, and asian Jews who are all ethnically Jewish, and these conversations erase them.
- "Jewish privilege". Fact: It’s not a thing. It’s actually a very common anti-semitic trope that says that Jews run everything so they are not oppressed. Jews are oppressed, and face anti-semitic violence.
- "Anti-semitism is not just about Jews, there are other semitic people." While yea, there are other semitic people, the term "anti-semitism" was created by Germans in the 19th century to refer specifically to the hatred of Jews because it sounded more scientific.
- Blaming anti-semitic violence in Europe on the actions of Israel. I see this literally every single day on this site, and it’s very upsetting. Jews that live in the diaspora are not responsible for Israel’s actions, and especially should not be suffering at the hands of white people in Europe under the guise of anti-zionism.
- Finally, and this is a big pet peeve of mine. The only people I ever see reblogging posts about anti-semitism are other Jews. Even a lot of my non-Jewish followers will reblog posts about racism, sexism, homophobia, etc. but ignore posts about anti-semitism, and that as a Jew makes me feel unsafe.
That’s enough for now. If you’re interested in learning more about Jewish identity and anti-semitism, you are welcome to check out my personal blog: yochevedke. I discuss that stuff a lot.
Another Jew reblogging about anti-semitism. I’ve seen some increase in concern about this from goyim, but it’s been slow going. Hopefully we’ll pick up a big head of steam soon.
"The only people I ever see reblogging posts about anti-semitism are other Jews. Even a lot of my non-Jewish followers will reblog posts about racism, sexism, homophobia, etc. but ignore posts about anti-semitism, and that as a Jew makes me feel unsafe."
the amount with which this point in particular resonates with me is unreal